Friday, 7 September 2012

The WILL


I've come to realise that success is all about self gratification. For example; Mr A and Mr B are both students in the same university and studying the same course. Mr A feels he is too good and aims for a first class while Mr B experiences difficulties with the course and feels he'll be fine with just passing. If they both graduate, achieving what they had in mind, you can't say they weren't successful in achieving their goals...

If you have achieved your goals (and not the goals set by others for you) you can tag yourself "a success"

people often aspire to be what others want them to be forgetting that the only person you can
TOTALLY satisfy is yourself

We often make the mistake of asking questions like;

-What has Mr A achieved and have i been able to match up?

-Am I where Mr A and Mrs B think i should be?

-What do people think of me?

I think the right questions should be;

-What have I achieved with my resources?

-Am I where i wanted to be?

-What do i think of myself?

Self evaluation is very important because if you want the whole world to evaluate you, you'll get millions of opinions about yourself.

I've had bad experiences because I did not have the WILL to do what i wanted to do. I've missed opportunities because i lacked the WILL to make use of them and I took wrong turns because i was more concerned with what people thought and expected me to achieve.

We should focus on achieving OUR goals with the intention of getting SELF gratification. We shouldn't be distracted by the praises, criticisms and thoughts of others. Most importantly, we should have the WILL.

Loretta Okpuno

8 comments:

  1. WOW. some people miss it in life pursuing other peoples dreams. sooooo true!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone's destiny is different sha...i will live according to my own goals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Loretta. Glad you are back

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like!! very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job dear great write-up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and very inspiring

    ReplyDelete